Extending up with Woodford Homes
At Woodford Homes, we’ve been helping home owners in the Blue Mountains and Penrith area reach new heights for 20 years.
There are many reasons to consider a first floor addition – or second storey extension as they are also called.
- If your home is on a small block, a first floor addition can give you more room without compromising outdoor space.
- You can capture a great view by adding a level to your existing home.
- A second storey can provide you with the space for intergenerational living.
- By adding a first floor you can separate your home office from your living space.
- You and your growing children will love the separate zones you create by ‘building up’.
- A first floor addition can add value to your home and your life.
You can take a look at some of the first floor additions we’ve built here.
We’ll design AND build your extension
When you choose Woodford Homes you get the whole package.
We work with you to design a seamless first floor addition to your home and our experienced team of builders then turn your plans into reality.
Our expertise is broad and varied – we’re steel frame building specialists, but we’re also highly experienced in timber frame additions and extensions.
At Woodford Homes, we ensure our designs maximise the energy efficiency of your home and the potential of your location.
Cost effective and low stress
Adding a first floor to your home can be a cost effective and a less stressful way to make your home better suit your needs.
- Building up is often quicker and easier than extending out – giving you more bang for your buck.
- Your foundations, utilities and drainage are already in place – saving time and money.
- You won’t have to move out during the construction phase – less disruption to family life.
- Your home will be kept safe and dry at all times – your most valuable asset is protected.
- Our tradespeople and trusted subcontractors are polite and respectful – a pleasure to deal with.
- We remove and dispose of your old roof material – we keep your site tidy and clean.
What to expect when you choose Woodford Homes
The professional team at Woodford Homes will:
- work with you to create a design for a seamless first floor addition
- show you conceptual 3D designs that bring your planned first floor addition to life
- submit your plans and development applications to council
- source all materials and coordinate deliveries
- make sure all safety regulations are followed
- provide quality workmanship with great attention to detail, and
- deliver a stylish, structurally sound and excellently finished first floor addition.
You can read more about extending your home with Woodford Homes here.
Want to talk through the possibilities?
Woodford Homes’ office and showroom at Unit 5, 118-120 Somers Street, Lawson.
Call us today on 4751 9577 to make an appointment to meet with Allen Smith, our Client Services Manager.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5pm. We can also organise a meeting at your home at a time that suits you.
We’re more than happy to talk to you about your plans, show you examples of our past work and give you an idea of the fittings and fixtures we supply and recommend.
Alternatively, you can email us here.