We take the headache out of your council approval
Just the thought of having to deal with council submissions and regulations is enough to turn some people off the idea of renovating, extending building a new home. What can seem to be an overwhelming and arduous task filled with paperwork certificates and protocol is actually a necessity to ensure every new home or alteration to an existing home is
- Energy and water efficient as possible, ultimately benefitting the consumer through lower consumption and therefore lower bills
- Environmentally responsible: Some building materials can cause distress to local eco-systems flora and fauna, local government are charged with the responsibility of ensuring the protection and continuity of all inhabitants
- SAFE: Our homes are an extremely important asset that provides shelter for our most important assets; our family! It is with this in mind that many of these approvals are required by councils to make sure all new homes and additions are built to the highest standards. The Blue Mountains and Penrith Valley are home to some of the most breathtaking and beautiful views nature has to offer. We are a city built within a National Park, but for all its grandeur and splendor there can be, as we have witnessed in the past decade a harsher side to Mother Nature. Bushfires are an unavoidable part of living in this region. We have some of the most stringent conditions to protect our homes as much as possible in such an event.
As important as all these factors are it doesn’t change the fact that the sheer volume of paperwork required to comply with all council regulations is daunting. Woodford Homes understands this and as it is our goal to make the experience of building or renovating your home a happy one we are happy to offer our Council Approval Service.
Woodford Homes will take the pressure and stress out of the council approval process for you by undertaking and achieving the following
- Drawing up all required working plans and section details
- Writing a comprehensive statement of environmental effects document
- Applying for and obtaining a development application
- Organizing a principal certifying authority
- BASIX certification
- Obtaining a construction certificate
These are just some of the services Woodford Homes can offer our clients. Due to our years of experience with local building in the Blue Mountains and Penrith Valley Council areas, Woodford Homes is very aware of the information required and the preferred format of presenting it to ensure a speedy no fuss approval is obtained and construction can begin on your property.
Call us today to look after your home design process, we can give you all the advice you require when looking at the council approval process.