Woodford Homes – your answer to an energy efficient home
An energy efficient home makes sense – it’s better for you and your family, it saves you money and is kinder to the environment.
At Woodford Homes, we’re committed to making our custom designed new homes and extensions energy efficient.
Not only do we want to pass on the benefits of a smart design to our clients, energy efficiency is an important part of current building regulations. All new homes have to comply with BASIX Energy Targets.
You can rest assured that the expert team at Woodford Homes holds Greensmart Professional accreditation and has a thorough understanding of all regulations.
What is an energy efficient home?
An energy efficient home:
- uses less energy and water
- produces lower greenhouse gas emissions, and
- places less reliance on nonrenewable energy.
An energy efficient home is also a healthy home. It will help you save money on your power bills and help save the planet too!
The good news is that both new and existing homes can be improved with simple energy efficient strategies as well as products and materials.
Your energy efficient new home
When you choose Woodford Homes to design and build your new home, you’re choosing energy efficiency.
We’ll help you design a home that’s comfortable all year round and will reduce your dependence on air conditioning and heating – saving you money.
- Our designs pay careful attention to the thermal mass of your home – so you’ll stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Read more about the importance of thermal mass here.
- We understand the complexities of ventilation and how to capture as much natural light as your block and location allows.
- We’ll show you how the right windows can stop winter warmth escaping along with the view, and how skylights can dispel the gloom of a dark space and help ventilate your home.
And, while it’s obviously easier to heat and cool smaller rooms, with Woodford Homes, you can still have an open plan design.
By thinking about ceiling heights, the alignment of your home, zoning certain rooms together and including features like sliding doors, you can create a design that is energy efficient and suits your taste and lifestyle. Read more about energy efficient layout ideas here.
Extend your energy efficiency with Woodford Homes
- We’ll use materials that have the right thermal qualities for your climate and the alignment of your home.
- If you want to open up a view, we’ll factor in your alignment to the sun and recommend double glazing or other energy efficient windows and features to help control the temperature.
- If you’re extending up, the right ventilation – including certain skylights – can make a huge difference in terms of energy efficiency.
- We’ll make sure the layout of your extension improves the energy efficiency of your existing home.
Want to know more?
Woodford Homes’ office and showroom at Unit 5, 118-120 Somers Street, Lawson.
Call us today on 4751 9577 to make an appointment to meet with Allen, our Client Services Manager.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5pm. We can also arrange a meeting at your home at a time that suits you.
We’re more than happy to talk to you about your plans, show you examples of our past work and give you an idea of the fittings and fixtures we supply and recommend.
Alternatively, you can email us here.
What our clients say about us
- A and K Phuntsok - Winmalee
Jenn & Tony Harris - Hazelbrook
Amy & Bob Barrett - Emu Plains
N & D Parish - Katoomba
E. Jimenez & J. Marchant - Springwood
Shiree & Martin Woolnough
Janette & Paul Warton - Erskine Park
Kathy & Stephen Watkins - Hazelbrook
Jenny Stevens and Simon Gray
C & G Stinson – Hazelbrook
A & K Lawson - Bullaburra
Rosemary & Will Deusien - Glenmore Park
I would strongly advise anyone who thinks they can ‘do it themselves’ to think about whether they want to spend 4 or 6 years of their life tied down to the uncertain boundaries of a building project, or contract wonderful builders like Woodford Homes who can work with you creatively, finding solutions to your desires, and complete the work within a couple of months instead of years.
A. Chandler - Hazelbrook
T & M Holland - Wentworth Falls
K & B Rayner – Winmalee