Building an energy-efficient home isn’t only great for your family, it’s great for the environment as well. Since we want to treat you like family at Woodford Homes, it makes sense that each new home build or extension we take on we do everything we can to ensure that it’s energy efficient.
Our goal is to pass on the benefits that come with smart designs to each of our clients, and energy efficiency is also a key part of the local building regulations. Each new home has to comply with BASIX Energy Targets, and all of the homes at Woodford Homes achieve this effortlessly.
An Energy-Efficient Design from Woodford Homes Means:
- lower overall energy consumption and greater savings;
- fewer greenhouse admissions (which is good for the environment);
- very low reliance on non-renewable energy sources.
If your home isn’t currently energy efficient, don’t worry. Our staff is ready and willing to outfit your new or existing home with simple energy efficient strategies, materials and products. We want to design our clients a home that you can be comfortable in, no matter what the weather or season. Specifically, a new home or extension from Woodford Homes:
- Pays particular attention to your home’s unique thermal mass. We’ll help you stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Understands ventilation complexities and the importance of natural light. We’ll maximise your home’s natural lighting and get you as much as your location and block allows.
- Shows you how the correct windows can stop any heat from escaping in the cold winter months while keeping the views. We’ll also show you how a skylight can help you ventilate your home and lighten up each room.
- Uses materials with the correct thermal qualities for your home’s alignment and climate.
- Allows you to open up your view while staying energy efficient. Our staff can recommend things like double glazing and other features to help you control your home’s temperature.
- Allows you to extend up while adding the correct ventilation, like skylights, to increase the energy efficiency of the home.
- Makes sure that your new extension’s layout increases the energy efficiency of your entire home.
Ready to Make Your Home Energy Efficient?
Woodford Homes’ Lawson office and showroom is located on Somers Street. We’re Unit 5 at 118-120 Somers St. You can set up an appointment with Allen Smith, our client services manager, by giving us a call on 4751 9577. If you can’t make it in during our normal office hours of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm, we’ll come to your home at a time that best suits you.
You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re ready and willing to discuss your plans, show you some examples of our past projects or work and recommend fixtures or fittings that we supply in our showroom.
What our clients say about us
C & G Stinson – Hazelbrook
K & B Rayner – Winmalee
- A and K Phuntsok - Winmalee
Jenny Stevens and Simon Gray
Shiree & Martin Woolnough