Extend Your Home and Lifestyle with Woodford Homes
For residents of Penrith and the Blue Mountains, they know that Woodford Homes has built and designed quality extensions for homeowners since 1998. Depending on the profile of your block and size along with your unique preferences, our professional and knowledgeable team can extend your home either out or up. For example, if you have a small block, it makes more sense to extend the first floor to give your family more internal space while preserving the smaller space outside.
At Woodford Homes, we understand that our customer’s homes are usually one of their bigger, if not their biggest financial assets. It’s a place where the customers can grow their families, celebrate milestones, make memories, and build lasting relationships.
We’re here to treat your family and your home with the respect and care they deserve, and we’ll work with you to create and build an extension that adds value to your life and home while maximising your budget. We understand that a quality and thoughtfully designed extension can:
- Improve your home’s flow
- Increase energy efficiency
- Give your growing family different zones
- Make space for hobbies or privacy
- Capture hidden views
- Give you space to entertain family or friends
- Increase your property’s value
Allow intergenerational living
Understanding Our Extension Process
Our designers meet with you to create a solid design to transform your existing home and maximise your extension’s potential.
Render 3D Designs
We’ll turn your extension plan into a full 3D design to help bring it to life and allow you to see how it’ll work.
Council Application and Approval
Our staff with take your development applications and extension plans to your local council and submit them on your behalf.
Sourcing Materials and Delivery
Once approved, we’ll start sourcing all of the needed materials and coordinate their delivery to your location.
We’ve made out extension process as straightforward as we possibly can to help ensure that our customers get the extension they want at a price that won’t break their budgets. This extension process involves:
- Initial Consultation— Our designers meet with you to create a solid design to transform your existing home and maximise your extension’s potential.
- Render 3D Designs— We’ll turn your extension plan into a full 3D design to help bring it to life and allow you to see how it’ll work.
- Council Application and Approval— Our staff with take your development applications and extension plans to your local council and submit them on your behalf.
- Sourcing Materials and Delivery— Once approved, we’ll start sourcing all of the needed materials and coordinate their delivery to your location.
- Construction Process— We’ll start constructing your extension with exact attention to detail and space while adhering to all safety regulations.
- Project Completion — The final step is handing your completed property back for you to enjoy.
Extend Up or Extend Out
How do you know which extension is going to work best for your unique property? You won’t have to worry about this with Woodford Homes because we can help you decide whether or not you should extend up with a first floor extension or extend out with a ground floor extension.
- Extend Up — When you extend up, you add a level to your existing home. This is also called a first floor edition or a second storey extension. Extending up is great for homes that are on small blocks, or for people who want more privacy. You can find out more here.
- Extend Out — When you extend out, you add rooms to the ground floor of your home. This is also called a ground floor extension, and it’s a great choice for people who have homes on large blocks, or for people who want to add a deck or awning (we do not offer these services on their own). You can find out more here.
Let Woodford Homes Remove the Stress
from the Home Extension Process
When you choose our company to complete your extension project, it means that nothing is left up to chance because of our professional approach. We want to keep this process as simple and as stress-free as we possibly can, and this is why we:
- Communicate regularly and effectively to keep everyone in the loop. This includes the customers, our Client Services Manager, lead carpenters and our Building Supervisor.
- Keep your extension site secure, tidy and safe.
- Work with trusted contractors and tradespeople that are respectful of your privacy, friendly and polite.
Hire and work with local suppliers with reliable reputations.
Let’s Get Your Extension Project Underway
Are you ready to talk about your extension plans, or do you want to see examples of other extension projects we’ve completed over the years? Either way, you can contact our Client Services Manager, Allen Smith, at 4751 9577 to set up a meeting. We can also come to you if this is more convenient, or you can drop by our showroom and office in Lawson (by appointment only). Our address is Unit 5 at 118-120 Somers St, or you can send us an email.
What our clients say about us
K & B Rayner – Winmalee
C & G Stinson – Hazelbrook
Shiree & Martin Woolnough
Jenny Stevens and Simon Gray
- A and K Phuntsok - Winmalee