Insurance and Licences
Building, extending or renovating your home is a huge milestone in anyone’s life. You want to ensure that the company you choose to help you through this process has the proper insurance and licences in place to protect your investment, yourself and the company.
If the company doesn’t have the proper insurance and licences in place, you could suffer as a customer in the event that anything unfortunate arises. Additionally, you most likely won’t get the high quality of work you were expecting from an unlicenced and uninsured company.
Why Insurance and Licences are Important for Building Companies
There is no doubt that unlicensed and uninsured building companies exist, but it’s vital that you choose a company like Woodford Homes for a number of reasons. A fully licensed and insured company will give you:
- Competency — Licensing tests prove that the company is competent and that they have the knowledge to complete your build, renovation or extension project without running into issues.
- Backed by the State or Territory— If you have a problem, licensed companies come backed by the territory or state. This allows the customer to take advantage of a dispute resolution program should the need arise.
- Apply for Permits— Licensed companies like Woodford Homes is able to apply for the permits needed and submit paperwork on your behalf to start the building, renovation or extension process.
- Protection from Accidents — Insurance protects not only the customer in an event of a problem or accident but also the company and the workers. This can protect you against a legal battle if someone gets hurt while working on the job.
- Quality— Licensed and insured companies hold themselves to very high standards, no matter how large or small the project is. We only use materials that we know are excellent quality, reputable tradespeople and professional staff on each job.
Woodford Homes Is Fully Insured and Licensed
As a reputable and dependable company that has performed hundreds of builds, renovations and extensions over the past two decades, we understand how important it is to protect our workers and residents each time we take on a job. We also understand how important it is to stay up-to-date on any and all of our licences and local building regulations.
We hold several insurance policies and licences, and they include:
NSW WorkCover Scheme
Woodford Homes Pty Ltd is fully compliant with any and all requirements and regulations set forth by the Workers Compensation Act of 1987. We are fully insured with Employers Mutual.
Public Liability Insurance
Woodford Homes Pty Ltd holds Public Liability Insurance suitable to the locations and to the nature of our work.
Woodford Homes Pty Ltd is fully licensed to complete all types of building work. Also, in compliance with the Home Building Act or 1989, employs a full-time licensed supervisor.
Licence No. 95040C
ABN 78 083 366 563