At Woodford Homes, we understand how overwhelming the thought of dealing with your local council can be. This is enough to put some people off extending, renovating or building their new home. However, there are several reasons why each of these things requires permits, paperwork and certificates, and they want to ensure that each home project ends up being:
- Efficient — Energy and water efficiency for environmental purposes, this also benefits you as it helps to reduce the relevant costs through lower consumption.
- Environmentally-Conscious— Some building materials can be bad for the local flora and fauna’s stability, and it’s the government’s job to ensure that each new housing project is safe and environmentally responsible.
- Safe— Your home is an important asset that shelters and protects your most precious valuable — your family. Additionally, the Blue Mountains and Penrith Valley are home to some of the most breathtaking views, but they’re also some of the areas most prone to bushfires. Your local council’s job is to ensure that each new home project follows all of the regulations and codes to keep everyone safe, and these include ensuring you follow very stringent conditions and requirements.
Let Woodford Homes Handle Your Council Approval Process
All of the above factors mean that there is a good deal of paperwork involved in the approval process and petitioning the council for your permits and certifications. Since our goal at Woodford Homes is to make the entire process as easy and hassle-free as possible, we offer exclusive Council Approval Services for all of our clients. We’ll undertake the following:
- Drawing up all of your section details and required working plans
- Writing a comprehensive statement for your document of environmental effects
- Submitting an application for and obtaining your development application
- Organising a principal certifying authority
- Obtaining your BASIX certification
- Obtaining your project’s construction certificate
Woodford Homes offers more exclusive services to our clients, and our years of building experience in the Blue Mountains and Penrith has given us the tools and knowledge we need to streamline the council approval process. We’re aware of all of the information we need and how to format it for presentation, so we get approval quickly, and we can start the construction process straight away.
What our clients say about us
Kathy & Stephen Watkins - Hazelbrook
Jenn & Tony Harris - Hazelbrook
K & B Rayner – Winmalee
C & G Stinson – Hazelbrook
Janette & Paul Warton - Erskine Park
Shiree & Martin Woolnough
- A and K Phuntsok - Winmalee
Amy & Bob Barrett - Emu Plains
Jenny Stevens and Simon Gray
Rosemary & Will Deusien - Glenmore Park