Design your new home or extension with Woodford Homes
- maximises your budget
- suits your wants and needs
- reflects your style
- makes the most of your site and location
- is energy efficient
- meets the most thorough regulations, and
- exceeds your expectations.
Our expert team has been designing and building new homes, renovations and home extensions in the Blue Mountains, Penrith and surrounding areas since 1998.
Over this time, we’ve built a solid reputation and developed a deep understanding of the regulations involved in designing for bush fire prone areas and environmentally sensitive sites.
Woodford Homes has designed homes and extensions in many different styles on a range of blocks – from flat and open sites to rocky slopes.
No matter what kind of look and feel you want, or what kind of block you’re on, we work with you to create a design that ticks every box.
You can take a look at some of our innovative designs here.
What to expect when you choose Woodford Homes
Our House Designs Service is a complete package.
- We get to know you – we’ll meet with you at our office or your home to talk about your ideas and needs.
- Site visit – we take a look at what you currently have, whether that’s an empty block or an existing home, and talk to you about your hopes and the possibilities.
- Capturing your design – you’ll receive detailed and easy to read plans and 3D drawings. We’ll show you the plans on screen to really bring your new home or extension to life.
- Your plans are submitted – we submit your plans to council and organise all approvals.
- Construction – we build your quality custom design new home or extension.
“All the team were extremely competent, reliable and polite. Allen’s input on design options always gave us interesting and attractive alternatives to consider.”
Vivian and Simon Mundy.
When experience counts
One of the main benefits of working with Woodford Homes is that we’ve been working in the same area for over 20 years.
This means you can count on our local knowledge and know that our expert team is familiar with the perks and pitfalls of building on a whole range of sites – from rocky slopes, to flat open ground.
We’re well practiced at thinking innovatively to create stylish and unique new homes and extensions.
Of course, Workplace Health and Safety is also a vital element of our work.
What’s more, all our design decisions are centred on creating a structurally sound home that’s backed by our After Care Service – which includes a 6-year structural warranty.
We’ll guide you, step by step
When you choose Woodford Homes, we’ll guide you through the process of designing and building your new home or extension.
If you try to make decisions about every aspect of your new home or extension all at once you could end up feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
In the initial design phase, we suggest you just concentrate on the external features, colours and finishes. What’s more, we’ll make sure your design includes important features like fire-resistant decking and roofing materials that meet regulations.
Once your design is approved by Council, we’ll get your thoughts on interior fittings, finishes and colours and finalise what you need to meet the regulations for your site.
- You can never have too many ideas!
- Flick through magazines, be inspired by Pinterest.
- Think about the features you love in friends’ homes and the kinds of rooms you or your family want or need.
- Make an inspiration board – virtual or real.
- Sketch up your own plans – a simple outline is fine, as it’s up to us to interpret and refine your vision and do the technical work.
- Jot down the must haves and dream features – you never know what’s possible.
Ready to get creative?
Woodford Homes’ office and showroom at Unit 5, 118-120 Somers Street, Lawson.
Call us today on 4751 9577 to make an appointment to meet with Allen Smith, our Client Services Manager.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5pm. We can also organise a meeting at your home at a time that suits you.
We’re more than happy to talk to you about your plans, show you examples of our past work and give you an idea of the fittings and fixtures we supply and recommend.
Alternatively, you can also contact us here.
What our clients say about us
Shiree & Martin Woolnough
Amy & Bob Barrett - Emu Plains
Kathy & Stephen Watkins - Hazelbrook
Jenn & Tony Harris - Hazelbrook
- A and K Phuntsok - Winmalee
C & G Stinson – Hazelbrook
Jenny Stevens and Simon Gray
K & B Rayner – Winmalee
Rosemary & Will Deusien - Glenmore Park
Janette & Paul Warton - Erskine Park