Since 1998, Woodford Homes has designed and built both new homes and extensions to residents in the Blue Mountains as well as Penrith and the surrounding areas. The past 20 years have allowed us to get an in-depth understanding of the regulations that come with designing environmentally-sensitive sites and bushfire prone sites. We’ve also gained valuable experience in working with different terrains including everything from rocky slopes to flat terrains and everything in between.
Our knowledge of the local area helps to avoid some of the common pitfalls that can happen during a home design and build process, and this helps to keep the project on budget. Additionally, our innovative approach enables us to create stylish home and extension designs for our customers.
When you combine all of this with our dedication to workplace health and safety, it’s easy to see why Woodford Homes has such a solid reputation in the Blue Mountains and Penrith. All of our design elements and decisions centre around creating a structurally sound home that comes backed by our After Care Service, and this includes a premium six-year structural warranty.
At Woodford Homes, we strive to give you a new home design or an extension design that meets the following criteria:
- Maximises your budget
- Reflects your unique style
- Suits your needs and wants
- Maximises your location or build site
- Is energy efficient
- Meets any and all build regulations
This is what you get when you let Woodford Homes customise and design your new project. In addition to this, we’ve also streamlined our design process to make it as stress-free and as pleasant as possible. You can have the home of your dreams, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Our Streamlined House Design Process
- Getting to Know Our Customers — We’ll set up a consultation either at your home or at our office to discuss your design needs, desires, and ideas.
- Performing a Site Visit — We’ll go to the site you’d like to build on, whether it’s an existing home or an empty block, and we’ll discuss the possibilities and your hopes for the project.
- Capturing Your Design and Bringing it to Life — Once we know exactly what your ideas are for the project, we’ll create and send you easy-to-read and detailed 3D drawings and built plans so you can see what the final outcome will look like.
- Submitting Your Plans — To avoid delays, we’ll submit your house design plans to your local council for approval will all of the required paperwork. Then, we’ll organise and take care of all of the needed approvals.
- Starting the Construction Process — The final phase of our house designs services is building your custom and quality extension or new home.
Woodford Home’s Design Tips
We have several design tips that we want to share with our customers. They’re great if you’re not sure where to start or if you feel overwhelmed when you sit down to start designing your dream home. Our tips are:
- Jot down your ideas — you can never have too many!
- Look through magazines for inspiration or browse through Pinterest
- Visualise your friend’s or family member’s homes and think about features you like in their homes
- Make a virtual or real inspirational board
- Sketch up a simple plan outline. Don’t worry about getting technical, it’s our job to interpret and refine your vision.
- Break your design and construction decisions down to smaller manageable portions to avoid getting overwhelmed.
- During the initial design process, make note of any external colours, external features and finishes.
Ready to Start your Home Design Process?
If you’re ready to start designing and constructing the home of your dreams, give us a call on 02 4751 9577 to set up a consultation appointment with our Client Services Manager, Allen Smith. We’re open from 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. We’re also available to set up a consultation appointment at your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Our office is Unit 5 in Lawson at 118-120 Somers St. We invite you to stop by and look around our showroom. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Either way, we’re more than happy to show you examples of our past work, talk about your plans or give you an idea on which fixtures and fittings we recommend for your project.
What our clients say about us
Amy & Bob Barrett - Emu Plains
Jenny Stevens and Simon Gray
- A and K Phuntsok - Winmalee
C & G Stinson – Hazelbrook
K & B Rayner – Winmalee
Shiree & Martin Woolnough